CLIENT: Entrepreneurial, midsized company operates as the administrative and service arm for a leading national insurance provider to residential real estate investors.
ISSUE: Due to rapid growth the company realized their core operating system which heavily relied on time consuming, manual entry processes was becoming a choke point. Under the weight of increased volume, the system was unable to efficiently onboard new clients or update critical aspects of a client’s insurance coverage. Rather than significantly increase headcount to address these issues, leadership decided to upgrade the system.
Given the lack of any packages capable of transacting and tracking complex functions, such as proof of coverage, billing statements, escrow applications, payment tracking, etc. it was deemed necessary to build the system from scratch.
Trabon Solutions was selected to build the new system which was architected and built on a .NET platform with numerous integrations to outside information services.
Key upgrades to the system include the following:
- Improved user experience and collaboration
- Automated billing statements, payments, late notices, etc.
- Automated client self-service risk profiling and coverage approvals
- Property-centric tracking of ownership, upgrades and coverage changes over time
- Ability to select future dates for activating coverages
- Enhanced data accuracy via geocoding and address standardization
- Standardized enterprise, client specific and new ad hoc reporting
Now, with over 7000 clients and growing, the new system reduces many thousands of transactions to a mouse click. It achieves in one stroke what would have taken more than twelve people over a week to accomplish. The system also facilities improved analysis of claims risk relative to numerous key variables.